WINEGLASS BAY CRUISES
Daily, except Christmas Day
Check in by 9:30am
Cruise 9:45am to 2:30pm
61 Jetty Road, Coles Bay
Our vessel Schouten Passage II is a Tasmanian built, 150 seat catamaran ideal for exploring the east coast of Tasmania. The spacious enclosed vessel contains comfortable seating across two fully air conditioned lounge areas - The Vista Lounge and The Sky Lounge.
Please note that Schouten Passage II will be out of service for maintenance from Sunday 7th August until Monday 15th August 2022. During this period we will be using our 50 seat catamaran, Freycinet Explorer, to operate Wineglass Bay Cruises. This vessel has leather seats, full walk around capacity, front and rear decks, one toilet and is enclosed. Unfortunately we will not be serving alcoholic beverages or hot drinks as we do not have the facilities on the vessel. We will offer the Vista Lounge experience including a the boxed ploughmans lunch with a complimentary cold drink. You can BYO alcohol in moderation but please note glass drinking vessels (ie glasses, bottles of beer) are not permitted. Plastic glassware and cans of drink are fine, this is just due to safety reasons.
The Vista Lounge offers floor to ceiling windows for optimum viewing from the comfort of your seat, complemented by spacious outdoor decks so you can immerse yourself in the experience.
It offers a licensed bar and cafe serving local beverages, hot drinks and treats for purchase. The Vista Lounge has three rest rooms, with one fully accessible.
Vista Lounge Including Lunch
Included in your Vista Lounge with Lunch ticket is a ploughman’s style lunch featuring smoked meats, salad, cheeses served alongside a locally baked bread roll, fruit and a sweet treat. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Adults $165 ($175 from 1 Oct 2022)
Children 3-16 years $95 ($105 from 1 Oct 2022)
Vista Lounge Bring Your Own Food
You can also choose to bring your own lunch and snacks.
Adults $145 ($155 from 1 Oct 2022)
Children 3-16 years $85 ($95 from 1 Oct 2022)
Sky Lounge (Adults Only)
The Sky Lounge is on the upper deck of Schouten Passage II. The adults only lounge with banquette style seating for up to 26 passengers provides an intimate experience, with direct access to the Captains bridge and private viewing deck.
Morning tea, lunch and beverages are included in your Sky Lounge ticket.
Enjoy plump local oysters, alongside salmon and smoked meats, breads, cheeses and salad served with the East Coast's renowned wines and artisan brews. There are two rest rooms on the upper deck.
Adults $270 ($290 from 1 Oct 2022)
Our cruise departs and finishes at our Wineglass Bay Cruises Booking Office, 61 Jetty Road, Coles Bay.
To get to Coles Bay from Hobart head north on the Tasman A3 Highway for 185kms (approx 2½hrs drive). From Launceston, head south on National Highway 1 onto Lake Leake B34 Highway (approx 2hrs drive).
Things You Need to Know
- We operate every day except Christmas Day.
- We have no age or height restrictions for the Vista Lounge.
- Our boat is enclosed which protects you from the elements, however we still suggest you dress warmly.
- Make sure you bring your camera to capture those awe-inspiring moments.
- We reserve the right to cancel or vary any trip and will incur no liability for any such cancellation or alteration.
- We don't cancel bookings due to low numbers. If it happens to be just you, we'll still show you an experience of a lifetime.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we will not allow guests to join our tours if we believe they are unwell. If you are feeling unwell or display flu-like symptoms we would encourage you to contact us and cancel your booking.
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
If you book directly with us, we have a very flexible cancellation policy:
- No cancellation fees if you need to cancel due to COVID right up to the time of departure. This includes if you are unwell or if you have to change your travel plans due to flight changes or travel restrictions. We will happily move your booking to another day or provide you with a full refund. Please note you need to advise us prior to departure so that we have an opportunity to re-sell the seats.
- For non-COVID related cancellations our normal cancellation policy applies. We reserve the right to charge 100% for cancellations within 24 hours of departure. Bookings are fully flexible up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
Please note that if you book through a third-party website or travel agent, they each impose their own cancellation policies and restrictions.